Monday, September 15, 2008

Long over due

Well, it has been a while since I last contributed to our blog and my Queen has kindly reminded me that this blog thingy was a "family project" and not just her's. So, where do I start? All of a sudden I feel a little more mature with 2 kids going to school. It just seem like it was yesterday that I started my first day in 1st grade back in Fiji. Boy they say time goes by fast when you get older and I am begining to see what they mean. Summer is almost over with and Fall is almost here and for a sports junky like me, this is the best time ever, well asides from the days spent with the fam. My beloved Cougs are 3-0 in college football and my 49ers won a game today in the NFL. Lately, my kids have been interested in playing football with me in the yard. Vai and Girly now know what role a quaterback, center and reciever plays. It is awesome to see Girly get in her reciver stance as I play center and Vai as the QB. Vai has a few play calls memorized (like BLUE 22, BLUE 22.. hike). Now he just needs to make sure that the ball lands on Girly's hands and not face. Well, in his deffense, it might help if the reciever kept her eyes open. But hey, we have a few more practices to go and then we'll be performing at a higher level. Hopefully there will be videos to share with you.

On a more serious note, I could not help but note the hardships that this world is facing as of late. Here in the US, hurricanes, fire, floods, train crashers and the daily violence have highlighted the daily news reports. With all the comotion, I am reminded to be ever so greatful with all that I have been blessed with. Sometimes, I do take for granted the basic things such as shelter,food, safety etc. and even the fact that I live here in the US. If I may, I ask that we keep those affected by the mentioned circumstances in our thoughts and prayers that they will get through their hardships.

1 comment:

Mommy Madness said...

That's cute that you and the kids play football together. Do they like to sit and watch games on TV, too?

Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for what we have. I have thought a lot about the world's harships lately, but even more about the ones in the states. It's definitely a sign of the times.