Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Should they go, should they stay, or should I say goodbye

By the end of tomorrow's work day, 5 team members will be on the road looking for another job, and yes, I get to be that bad guy who will deliver some of the notifications. What a week this has been. I mean, what does one do upon learning of violations of policies particularly those that fall under the umbrella of zero tolerance. I often wonder what gets some people to do what they do and think that no one will catch them. It is so disheartening to know that she or he will be pounding the pavement again looking for another opportunity and even more so to think of them going home and explaining the reasons behind the circumstance. Knowing of the violations, it still grieves my heart having to come to a point where I am asking myself, "Should they go ? Should they stay? or Should I say goodbye?"

No comments: